ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Bishop" <matt.bis...@bea.com>
Subject RE: new p4 target
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:10:52 GMT
For some reason, our mail server refuses to accept items from this list server.

I've submitted a very lightweight patch (see bug#14395) for the Perforce tasks that needs
to get committed.  Any volunteers?

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephane Bailliez [mailto:sbailliez@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 3:28 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: new p4 target

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Bishop" <matt.bishop@bea.com>

>All right, what's the process to get a 'committer' badge? :)

Easy. Once you have demonstrated a durable interest in Ant and that some of
us get tired to apply loads of patches from you, a committer usually start a
vote in the mailing list to nominate you as the committer.
It's just a matter to figure out that you will be around for some time and
not blatently escape after introducing some some subtile bugs.
For more, you can read some information here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/contributing.html

I cannot give you a timeframe for this vote to be effective, that is 10
iterations or 152378. It's all subjective, it can probably be shortened if
best efforts are made to do some transfer to our bank accounts. :o)

As a welcome package, as a BEA employee you will be in charge of maintaining
and testing all server application related tasks even those of competitors.
Sounds fun ? Sign here. :o)

Stephane