ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: bug report - <genkey>
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 02:06:51 GMT
This is why its a good idea to set property at the top of a build file
rather than in a target - it makes the dependency graph much easier and
avoids this type of issue.  Either way, I'm glad we got the problem
resolved.

	Erik

Joshua Allen wrote:
> Well as you guys were so adament I went and tested it again.  You were right, my generatekey
task didn't depend on init.

> -Joshua

what's going on here.  Have you tested this?

> It
>
>>doesn't expand any of the properties, not just alias.
>>
>>I've even echo'd the values of the properties before calling the task so I know that
they are set.

>>It's been broken since at least version 1.4.  It's not that big of a deal because
<genkey> is called so rarely during the life of