ant-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: top level execution order
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 00:02:52 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> [...]

Nor mine.  Book writing is for the birds :)  (well, its darn hard work,
thats for sure... and the sad neglected look on the faces in the family
is no fun).

Maybe if we get proposal/xdocs beefed up enough we can autogenerate the
next book :)  Feel free to jump in and help out with that everyone.  At
some point over the holidays I'll be beefing this up and getting it
rolling again.  The metadata that it mines is something IDE's could
really leverage too - its not just for documentation.  Anyone from
Eclipse/NetBeans/IntelliJ/etc listening?  How about accurate rich Ant
task metadata to make your IDE's super Ant context sensitive?  Its all
there for the taking!  Attribute names and types, element types,
enumerated attribute values.  Even required/non-required attribute
information too...and much much more.

	Erik