ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: top level execution order
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 17:14:23 GMT

Costin Manolache wrote:
> There are many problems with marker interfaces. I doubt they'll get
> support.

I won't expand on this much but in Avalon we've ditched marker
interfaces after much time they have been used...

> Probably a middle-ground solution with some meta-data ( i.e. config )
> could be accepted ( maybe this can be reopened when the format for the
> standard antlib is discussed - I care more about adding the hooks
> to allow pluggable task factories at this moment ).

... and we are migrating to the use of metadata.

Just 2c from part of the Avalon crowd...

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>