ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: PROPOSAL: top level execution order
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 10:11:50 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> The downside is that Centipede will no longer work :-(
>
> We use this [embed] feature so that we can transform a template and
> import the result, all in one swoop, as has already been described here
> and it seemed to be a useful feature.

Nicola Ken,

Let me just repeat what I said in an earlier mail. If you rely on an
unreleased feature then you do so at a risk that the feature may morph or
disappear. This is a risk you have chosen to accept and not the Ant project.
IMHO, you should make your users aware of this fact.

I'm not saying you can't lobby for a feature but the fact that you depend on
it already would not be a justification.

Conor