ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant is now a top level Apache project
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:05:58 GMT

Conor MacNeill wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For those of you who do not already know it, Apache Ant was approved as
> a top level project of the ASF by the board meeting of the 18th.
>
> For the development of Ant and its users it will be pretty much business
> as usual. For the new PMC we will need to craft some bylaws which govern
> the operation of the project, etc. I'll try to get started on a draft of
> those as soon as possible. All input welcome. I expect these to be
> pretty standard - along the lines of httpd/Jakarta, etc.
>
> There are other things we can/should address in time (establishing
> ant.apache.org, for example). I don't think there is any rush necessary
> here. If you have any queries about this or ideas you'd like to express,
> please feel free to do so.

The board has also created the Avalon PMC :-)

Since we will be doing basically the same steps, I will follow the
discussion here closely, and eventually bring forward in both projects
what interesting steps are being carried out on the other project.

Actually, I have one question already, because I'm in difficulty myself
on this. The Ant CVS is named jakarta-ant. Will it change? Will "ant"
begin with hosting a newer ant release?

No need to relpy now, I'll be waiting here for some hints, thank you :-)

> I will also be jumping into bugs and patches in the coming weeks to
> clear some of the backlog. Please hang in there for that :-)

:-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -