ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Ant is now a top level Apache project
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:52:23 GMT
Hi all,

For those of you who do not already know it, Apache Ant was approved as a
top level project of the ASF by the board meeting of the 18th.

For the development of Ant and its users it will be pretty much business as
usual. For the new PMC we will need to craft some bylaws which govern the
operation of the project, etc. I'll try to get started on a draft of those
as soon as possible. All input welcome. I expect these to be pretty standard
- along the lines of httpd/Jakarta, etc.

There are other things we can/should address in time (establishing
ant.apache.org, for example). I don't think there is any rush necessary
here. If you have any queries about this or ideas you'd like to express,
please feel free to do so.

I will also be jumping into bugs and patches in the coming weeks to clear
some of the backlog. Please hang in there for that :-)

Conor