ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject [VOTE] Resolution to create Ant top level project
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:41:17 GMT
Following on from our discussions, I have put togther a final resolution
which I think we can vote upon now. The resolution is attached below.

I have attempted to contact all committers who did not explicitly reply to
Stefan's "Initial PMC" thread recently.

I am happy to report that Duncan, the original author of Ant has agreed to
be an emeritus member of the PMC. I hope it helps to recognize his
contribution to Ant.

The following committers no longer require commit access to Ant.

Stefano Mazzocchi
Justyna Horwat
Hans Bergsten
Craig R McClanahan
Glenn McAllister

Many of these people contributed to Ant's early development and have moved
onto other projects now. Again, I would like to recognize their important
contributions.

Two committers wanted to retain commit access but did not want to be on the
PMC. That's fine of course

Jason Hunter
Darrell DeBoer

Finally I did not receive replies from the following committers:

jon, akv, preston, shemnon, shachor, arnout, gonzo, mode, hasishp, arun,
tom, nico, nickdavis, adammurdoch

Again, that's OK - they might be enjoying a holiday, whatever. These
committers will retain commit access but will not be members of the initial
PMC. If anyone can contact them, and they are interested, I believe we can
add them to the initial PMC.

So, all committers, please vote on the resolution. I believe this should be
a majority vote (An action requiring majority approval must receive at least
3 binding +1 votes and more +1 votes than -1 votes.)

[ ] +1 - I support the resolution being submitted to the board for its
consideration

[ ] -1 - I do not agree with the resolution in it's current form.

Thanks
Conor

Resolution
==================

open-source software related to the Apache Ant build tool.

Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Ant PMC", be
and hereby is established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation;
and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Ant PMC be and hereby is
responsible for the creation and maintenance of the Ant build
system and related software components; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Ant"
be and hereby is created, the person holding such office to
serve at the direction of the Board of Directors as the chair
of the Apache Ant PMC, and to have primary responsibility
for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Ant PMC; and be it further

Apache Ant PMC:

Bruce Atherton
Stefane Bailliez
Stefan Bodewig
James Duncan Davidson (Emeritus)
Peter Donald
Erik Hatcher
Diane Holt
Donald Leslie
Steve Loughran
Conor MacNeill
Costin Manolache
Sam Ruby
Jon Skeet
Magesh Umasankar
Christoph Wilhelms

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Conor MacNeill be and
hereby is appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache
Ant, to serve in accordance with and subject to the
direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
further

RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Ant PMC be and hereby is
tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
encourage open development and increased participation in the
Apache Ant Project.