ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Initial PMC members
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:05:10 GMT
Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> Hi Stefan!
>
> Not really *active*... In fact I never left the list, nor the community and
> I am highly interested in the success of Ant, the new Ant-Project and
> (especially) the API Ant should provide / is providing.
>
> 1. WILL there be an election?

IMHO, the Initial PMC will be composed of all those current committers who
wish to be on the PMC. Thereafter I expect contributors to be invited to
become committers and if they maintain their contibutions over time, they
will be invited to join the PMC. IOW, almost all committers will be on the PMC.

We will not be using the Jakarta model of a PMC with a limit on the number
of members.

> 2. HOW MANY memeber will there be in the new ANT PMC?

There will be no limit.

I will soon be asking all committers who have not replied to this thread
what status they wish to adopt for the proposal.

So far, the PMC would be composed of (in reply order)

Stefan Bodewig
Stefane Bailliez
Jon Skeet
Magesh Umasankar