ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: Request: Change <javac> debug default to "on"
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 22:24:19 GMT
Rather than debate it, why not ask the folks
on ant-users list to vote for or against the proposed
change in default behavior?

Us developers are notorious for thinking we know
what the user wants... and being wrong. Why spend
days debating the merits of changing the default when
we can ask the users how they feel?

Personally, I don't put much merit to any argument that
says we can't make a change because build files would
have to change.

Every time I switch to a new version of Ant, I'm switching
to take advantage of some new capability. So, I gotta
change my build files anyhow. I just don't buy the 'build
files' argument...