ant-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Wilhelms <Christoph.Wilhe...@impress.com>
Subject RE: Initial PMC members
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 10:44:43 GMT
Hi Stefan!

Not really *active*... In fact I never left the list, nor the community and
I am highly interested in the success of Ant, the new Ant-Project and
(especially) the API Ant should provide / is providing.

I tossed my "yes" because of the following contents from:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/management.html

[snip] Any committer to any Jakarta code base will be eligible to vote.
[snip]
and
[snip] The PMC may not necessarily participate in the day-to-day coding but
is involved in the overall development plans, the alleviation of any
bottlenecks, the resolution of conflicts, and the overall technical success
of the project. [snip]

Just my 2cent.

If there will be a PMC election (because the PMC probably just will have 7
seats or so), I do not expect to become elected anyways :-).

Some questions:

1. WILL there be an election?
2. HOW MANY memeber will there be in the new ANT PMC?

Greetings,
Christoph