ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Initial PMC members
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:41:02 GMT
On Thu, 7 Nov 2002 19:29, Christoph Wilhelms wrote:
> > Theres no restriction on size for the PMC. If we really
> > wanted we could have
> > 30 PMC members or so ;)
>
> Hmmm.... I thought we'll follow the Jakarta rules/guidelines - even if we
> aren't under the Jakarta umbrella anymore... 7 PMC chairs sounded good to
> me... 7 dwarfs, 7 seals, 7 death sins... ;-).

Unfortunately that would mean that all the other committers are not protected
by the ASF ;( The HTTPD has the majority of committers (all those that last 6
months and are still active) on the PMC. APR also has a high percentage of
active committers being PMC members.

> Anyways: How many chairs should the Ant PMC get?

Just one. The chair is the communication conduit to the board and is the one
who is legally responsible for all the rest of us saps and our actions ;) He
is the one that the board holds accountable for the overal project. The only
other responsibility is a quarterly report to the board.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald