ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: myrmidon & cross-project properties
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 23:02:51 GMT
On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:37, Dan Walters wrote:
> I'm playing around with Myrmidon, and like the cross-project target
> dependency support.  I noticed it is not yet possible to reference
> properties in other projects with a ${subproject/someProperty} syntax -
> is there a philosophical objection to supporting that?  I would find it
> extremely useful.

A few people felt uncomfortable with it but there was no objection to reading
propertys from another project. There was a little bit of objection to
writing propertys into another project though.

> anymore, so I'm having difficulty finding out if any progress has been
> made towards choosing one of the Ant2 proposals - I assume there hasn't?

Nope. It is basically been put on hold. However we are currently reorganizing
the way Ant is structured which will hopefully remove the roadblocks and
enable progress again. Expect to see work restart after that.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"All my life I wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more
specific."
-- Jane Wagner