ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskContainer and nested data-types
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 19:53:14 GMT
You should see a reply from a 'Phileas Fog' via gmane as well. Damn outlook.

"Costin Manolache" <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > I cannot see any reason why they could not. Except enforcing data types
> > definition outside for style.
>
> +1.

For what is your +1 here ?
I was understanding in your previous mail that you wanted data types to be
possible in the container. Is that correct or should I take fresh air and
reread your mail ?

[...]
> If a majority of ant committers don't feel it's a good idea or worth
> the pain - then it shouldn't be done.

It's not the problem.
I agree we can spend our time vetoing and see them flying around but this is
the way I see things. I'd rather let people move on. I'm just pointing out
that raising 'backward compatibility' flag only when it suits is no good.

I would like you to explain me how you could possibly take the
responsability of enforcing data types 'outside' the container knowing that
it would break build files and at the same time not agreeing to change the
javac debug flag back to normal ?
ok, this is a bad example for you since you agree on both sides but I think
you get the idea. :)