ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject [SUMMARY] User Defined Types/Tasks Loading/Recongnition of Dynamic Elements
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 04:38:48 GMT
Hi,
Let me try to summarize what's been discussed so
that we can move forward:

The patch to map User Defined types/tasks to classes
before default ones gathered a +0 vote and pointers
towards its elegance.  But, the need to load the
user defined mappings just before Ant starts parsing
the build-file was accepted.  So, I withdraw this patch
and wait for the day when an acceptable solution makes
its way in ;-)

The patch (minus the above patch, of course) to
IntrospectionHelper that helps it recognize addXXX(XXX)
methods where XXX is assignable from the class type of
the element being added, gathered a +1 vote and what I
interpret as general acceptance from others - the need
for the method name also to be flexible has been pointed
out.  Since this patch doesn't prevent the above from
happening in the future, I think we should recognize
this as a need but not necessarily stop moving forward
with this patch.

So, may I go ahead and commit the second patch alone
(after removing the embedded first patch from it) or
does anybody want to -1 it?  Last chance :-)

Cheers,
Magesh