ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskContainer and nested data-types
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 13:28:55 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

[...]
> Should data-types be allowed inside TaskContainer?

I cannot see any reason why they could not. Except enforcing data types
definition outside for style.
Do you ?

> If so, UnknownElement needs to get fixed.

Houston, we have a problem.

Recent history shows that we cannot fix something that is possibly wrong
even though it is are plain incorrect/invalid/counterintituive. Which means
that if someone is shooting in his foot right now she must continue and we
must give them unlimited ammos to fulfill her action for the sake of
backward compatibility. Amen.

I don't think that myself, and I think nothing is black nor white, what is
wrong should be fixed to avoid further problems in the future, you'd better
catch it now than 6 months later. But this is a typical example.

I know, I'm a PITA :)