ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephane Bailliez" <sbaill...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TaskContainer and nested data-types
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:47:53 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>

> OK.  Here we have a point where the behavior depends on <taskdef>
> placement in 1.5(.1), so either solution (allow data-types inside of
> TaskContainers or don't) would break backwards compatibilty at some
> point.
>
> I'd just have a hard time assuming that anybody would rely on that
> behavior 8-)

Rely with consciousness maybe no. Rely with coincidence maybe yes.

I believe it was like that, because as a style, it has been widely accepted
to put data types outside containers and at the very top of the build file.
Correct ?

Maybe putting data types inside containers will make it look like more a
script which has suscited reactions in the past similar to 'vad retro
satanas', but I don't think that it would make sense to force to define data
types outside the containers if the scope is restricted to the
container....mmm...I wonder how many times I will be able to say container
in a sentence.

Note that I'm not sure of the implication at this time. What do you think ?