ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: iSeries support
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:09:35 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Bodewig" <bodewig@apache.org>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, November 08, 2002 12:44 AM
Subject: Re: iSeries support

> On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Steve Loughran <steve_l@iseran.com> wrote:
>
> > hah. that is something treating what should be an opaque URI as a
> > resolvable url, which, in the absence of napster and a plugin for
> > java it aint.
>
> I don't think I have installed napster and that plugin, maybe Xerces
> 2.2.0 simply deals with it different than the Xerces Henri uses (the
> again, you never know what RedHat installs without you having asked
> for it 8-).

default behaviour should be to treat the URIs for DTDs as opaque URIs until
they get to the resolver, whose job it is to resolve things. But this
version of xerces seems to creating java.net.URL() objects around them,
which only supports a subset of valid URIs, not including nap: uuid: or
other interesting ones.