ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: SSH Tasks
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:16:38 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anderson, Rob H - VSCM" <Anderson.Rob@vectorscm.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 10:37
Subject: SSH Tasks

> I have been working on an SSH task (attached) that will allow you to run a
> command remotely via ssh2. It will authenticate with an ssh key and
> passphrase. It will only work if you have setup the authorized_keys on the
> remote host and can authenticate non-interactively when your key is
loaded.
> It relies on the mindterm classes
> (http://www.appgate.com/mindterm/download.php).

> I have a question about the licensing of such a task. Can I release it
under
> the Apache Software License? I am also planning to write a much needed SCP
> task. Please contact me with any questions and feedback. Thanks.

You are constrained to release it under a licence that is compatible with
the mindterm license, which looks GPL-ish, but I'd need to read more. If it
is GPL then you can only release your app under GPL too.

This does not reduce the value of the submission, but prevents it ever going
into the apache codebase. My recommendation is to start a project on
sourceforge and we can link to it from the ant docs/web site.