ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: contributing to project
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2002 05:52:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joshua Allen" <jallen181@cogeco.ca>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2002 16:41
Subject: contributing to project

> There were no responses to my request of getting this task in Ant.  The
docs are vague about the process of how a non-committer can
> get something into the CVS tree.  Is there one?

there is in the ant task guidelines

> http://phosphor.sf.net/import-scrubber-3.0.0.zip

If something lives in sforge, we are usually happy for it to stay there,
with doc links from the ant web site and docs. So if you edit the
appropriate files in xdocs, submit the changes as a PATCH we'll point to
you.
Unless you can convince us it is so compelling and critical to all ant users
that we should take on the maintenance and support, which will be hard.

-steve