ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antelope 1.0 beta - Fast and correct Ant builds
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 08:15:37 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Peter Donald <peter@apache.org> wrote:

>> Hello? Ant already does this.
>
> Unfortunately not.

Well, not without some additional help.

<depend> will pick up many of the cases.  Look at the external tasks
page for <javamake>, AFAIK it will also detect if you replace a Java
file with an older one (which neither <javac> or <depend> would care
about).

I wonder how my build files that create docbook documentation via xslt
and several zips and tars, run tests and whatnot could become faster
because of an improved javac.  Most time in my build files is not
spent in compilation, and this seems to be true for most build files
that Gump uses as well.

Stefan