ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Submissions and Patches
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:02:57 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Gus Heck <gus-antdev@cognition.olin.edu> wrote:

> Or at least in charge of reading and delegating review of patches
> and submissions?

This would require more organization than we currently have (and would
be hard to do with a crowd of volunteers).

We could try to rotate a role of "PATCH master" among us committers,
but I doubt it would work, as people cannot really predict when
they'll find time to work on anything.  Right now my daytime job is
eating more time than it should (for a sane "real life", that is),
leave alone open source development.

> I sent a message several days ago outlining patches and submissions
> I found in Bugzilla (including mine) that seem to just be twisting
> in the wind.

Because nobody want to say "you are right, but I don't have the time
to fix the situation".  Maybe.

Stefan