ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jar task, manifest issue
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 06:22:09 GMT
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Michael Salmon <ms@formulae.org> wrote:

> First off it would copy the MANIFEST.MF and rearrange the data in it
> and strip CRLF line feeds with unix style line feeds.

order within a section is insignificant and the line ends are correct
- all according to the manifest specification.

Is there a real problem with the rewritten manifest - apart from
aesthetics, I mean.

> "[jar] File
> /usr/home/ms/src/java/j2me/bubble/.build/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
> includes a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF which will be ignored.

This means that you are including your manifest twice, once via the
manifest attribute and once as part of the files that are to be added
to the archive.  Exclude it from the later part.

> To include this file, set filesetManifest to a value other than
> 'skip'."

This message should be gone in 1.5.1.

> The setFilesetManifest method is commented out though making setting
> this impossible.

It is going to come back in 1.6, there have been some problems with
the implementation that we couldn't resolve before we released 1.5.

Stefan