ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Ant as a top-level project
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:49:58 GMT
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is Roy saying that jakarta commiters are not protected unless each
> is member of the PMC ?

This has been my understanding of it, yes.

> This is a majority decision

In a different mail, Greg Stein outlines the process, and what needs
to be done is to present a resolution to the board - and the
resolution would need community consensus.

> 2. Who should be part of this PMC ? My vote is for 'all active
> commiters'.

I trust Roys mail, as he speaks legalese a lot better than myself -
and add to that that I'm completely ignorant when it comes to US law.
As a sidenote, I pretty much doubt the ASF is going to protect myself
from being sued by a German company using German law.

Back to the point, I couldn't accept any committer who was not a
member of the PMC at the same time with Roy's clarification.

Stefan