ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: needs-*.jar?
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:56:10 GMT
On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Steve Cohen <SteveC@ignitesports.com> wrote:

> What version did this start with?

Some time last week in CVS HEAD.

> Is there some documentation on this change?

Errm, no.  It's still experimental.

> What are the expected benefits?

Getting around
<http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#delegating-classloader> more
easily, ease migration to ant-libs of some sort (we could start
releasing the needs-* jars separately, if we wanted to).

> Right from the start I would guess it makes it easier to debug
> problems.

Think so.

> However, are there dependencies among the dependencies?

Not yet, so it has been possible to do this.

> Sorry I haven't been keeping up on the discussions as much as I
> should have.

Discussion has happened months ago but no real resolution had been
reached.  As we are nowehere near a new release, I thought it would be
good to give it a try.  Sometimes things move faster if somebody
starts pushing, you know. ;-)

Stefan