ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Extending Ant [was RE: Comparing files in subdirectories]
Date Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:01:37 GMT
On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:

> The same Paramerer/Parameterizable scheme might allow easier
> condition extension in the short term, but the Bean pattern is so
> much term, and the right Ant-way IMHO...

Yes.  We have a couple of points where you could potentially extend
Ant, but it is hard or even impossible to do without modifying Ant
itself.  Mappers are another thing that you have not added so far.

Ant is lacking a general registry concept for pluggable stuff, this is
why it gets handled in different ways - or not at all.

> Finally, and probably more controversial, I'd like to ask about
> scripting extensions to Ant...

At least writing tasks with <script> has been on the agenda for Ant2 -
this mysterios nebulous thing.  AFAIK at least the Mutant and Myrmidon
proposals have implemented a way to do just that.

Stefan