ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [embed] few changes in xml processing
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 19:37:10 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

>> 4. I added ${} processing to text body. I hate <echo>${prop}</echo>
>> behaving differently from <echo message="${prop}"/>. I don't know
>> if this will ever get into the main branch, but I intend to keep it
>> in the proposal for a while, maybe I can convince people.
> 
> I woorry about tasks that explicitly expect the conversion not to catch,
> things like SQL, maybe. It could be all those tasks that dont expand
> properties do so by accident of course.

> 
> But if we do fix the behaviour, then any third party task that calls
> expandProperties() on the element text, after it has already been
> expanded, may break...if you double escape $${something} then the first
> pass will convert it to ${something}, the second expansion to the contents
> of "something"
> 
> Perhaps the trick is to have a new setter, setExpandedText(String text) to
> do the right thing.

You're probably right. 

I think I found the real problem - Echo is calling 
Project.replaceProperties() in addText(), but since properties
are evaluated later this will fail.

So the change will no longer be necesary, since the other change
( all-lazy ) will solve this problem.

Thanks.

-- 
Costin



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:ant-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:ant-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message