ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <cmanola...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Removing Class-Path from Ant's own manifest
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 14:33:32 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Oct 2002, Costin Manolache <cmanolache@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Would you mind a separate jar ( like ant-run.jar or bootstrap.jar )
>> in bin, with only the Class-Path manifest ?
>
> I've just committed changes that create ant-bootstrap.jar along those
> lines, it will be put into /etc in the binary distribution (and off
> course we'll need docs) to CVS HEAD.  Could you please check whether
> it works for you as good as the old ant.jar did?

I will. I think 'bin' is the right place - at least that's where
tomcat stores this kind of bootstrap jars.

It may be worth exploring the way tomcat starts - we moved most
of the script functionality in java, i.e. add all the stuff in lib/
to a classloader, detect TOMCAT_HOME, etc. It's much better than
using Class-Path.

BTW, you are right about tools.jar - I was using jikes and jdk1.4, so
I didn't noticed the problems.

--
Costin