ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Detlef Brendle" <detlef.bren...@canoo.com>
Subject Zip in Ant 1.5.1
Date Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:22:41 GMT
Hi ,
I currently upgrading my ant projects to run with Ant 1.5.1 and I
encountered one thing which I dont understand.

When updating a zip file which already exists it fails if the to-update
files are older than the zip file itself. I checked the code base and it
seems that a 'quick exit' in the zip build process doesnt make much sense.
Rather than ckecking the timestamp of the zip file and those timestamps of
all to-update files it should first check whether the files are already part
of the zip file at all.

Now I wonder whether I dont understand the point behind this check or
whether this is a know restriction of the zip task in Ant 1.5.1.
It seems to work fine with Ant 1.4.1.

My test looks like:

<zip zipfile="xy.jar" update="true"	filesonly="true" >
	<zipfileset dir="c:/test/a" />
</zip>

<zip zipfile="xy.jar" update="true"	filesonly="true" >
	<zipfileset dir="c:/test/b" />
</zip>

The result is that all files from directory 'a' are in the zip file and no
files from 'b'.
(This is because no file from 'b' is newer than the xy.jar file.)

regards,
detlef