ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jon Skeet" <jon.sk...@peramon.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] Ant as a top-level project
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:10:41 GMT
> > So if you post a clear proposal for a resolution to be sent to the
> > board,
>
> Is this what the Ant committers want?  If so, I can put one together
> for next week (I won't manage to do this earlier, sorry).

I'd certainly like to see a single proposal - I've got a bit lost as to what's being proposed,
to be honest. (Partly due to not knowing a lot about Apache's rules/regs in the first place.)

> >> Back to the point, I couldn't accept any committer who was not a
> >> member of the PMC at the same time with Roy's clarification.
> >
> > Not sure what that means :-)
>
> Me neither.
>
> We've inherited a whole lot of Tomcat committers, who I wouldn't count
> as active committers at all.  Other than that, it is quite obvious who
> has been committing to Ant during the past six months and who has not.
> I'm with your definition of "active" to start with, but guess I'd like
> to be able to switch emeritus state and regain full access like the
> httpd model allows to do (with votes that could deny this, of course).

Likewise - as I'm clearly not being active at the moment (sorry folks!) but certainly hope
to be in the future.

Jon