ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject RE: Exec
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 21:56:19 GMT
Yes, but not directly. You must <exec> something that will return
immediately to Ant, while still launching the background process. This
involves <exec>'ing the native shell (cmd.exe on most Windows), and using
the 'start' command on Windows, and a trailing '&' on *nix. The archives are
littered with various solutions along these lines. --DD

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Lee []
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 4:38 PM
Subject: Exec

Is there a way to run a native command and have ant exit? For example, I
want ant to spawn a program in another window and then exit. Is this
even possible with Java's exec? I guess you'd have to have threads
running, reading the output streams.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message