ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject [OFF-TOPIC] Proper IDEA/IntelliJ setup
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:30:34 GMT
Since I know many Ant committers are using IDEA, I'll give it a shot here...

We're trying to use the Ant integration in IntelliJ. Are required by
IntelliJ, we start it under JDK 1.3.1. Our project requires JDK 1.4+ (uses
assert keyword and new 1.4 APIs), and the build.xml assumes it's running
under 1.4 (not setup for cross-JDK compilation).

Apparently, IntelliJ runs the Ant build in the JDK it was started on (I'm
not sure if it's the same VM it running itself with), thus 1.3.1, when the
build will only work with a JDK 1.4+!!!

Does anyone know a fix/turn around for this situation? Thanks, --DD