ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Matt Bishop" <matt.bis...@bea.com>
Subject RE: [OFF-TOPIC] Proper IDEA/IntelliJ setup
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 20:07:55 GMT
In the Ant Build panel, Rt-click on the little Ant guy and select Properties.  In the Properties
window, under the Execution tab, there's a "Run under custom JDK" checkbox; check that and
pick 1.4.

Also, in the Project preferences, make sure the target JDK is 1.4, and select the "support
assert" checkbox to get your asserts to be recognized properly.

Be sure to run Idea 2.6 under JDK 1.3.1, though, as it is really flakey under 1.4.

Matt Bishop

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:jakarta-ant@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 12:41 PM
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Proper IDEA/IntelliJ setup

IDEA 2.6?   I guess so, since the latest EAP versions require JDK 1.4.

I have the opposite environment, I'm running IDEA on JDK 1.4 and
building on and for JDK 1.3.1_04.  I'm using build 638, and have my
project properties to use the 1.3.1_04 JDK target and also set my Ant
builds (Ant properties) to execute under that custom JDK version.  All
has been well.

Not sure if that helps or not.

	Erik