ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven Newton" <>
Subject RE: JMX and Ant (Re: Extending Ant [was RE: Comparing files in subdirectories])
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:09:29 GMT

This, especially the "keep ant running" part, sounds quite a lot like
the CruiseControl project, and there's discussion happening on that
mailing list about the status and extensions to the mbean stuff.
Peter Mei just posted a good-sized patch with 2 new MBeans.  Nice stuff,
and I see this discussion and that project converging.  Nothing about
it on the project web site yet, but lots of recent messages on the
dev mailing list.

Regarding using ant to control MBeans (as an MBean management tool via
an appropriate Protocol Adaptor), that's a different but also useful
and interesting direction to go, especially as app servers move towards
being managed via JMX.

                  Steven E. Newton, Software Developer
     Standard Insurance Company, 1100 SW Sixth Ave -- 503.321.8729

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message