ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: File-related tasks, AND recursive unzip operation
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:00:22 GMT
Going back to the original question of the user,
I thing you should look at the <foreach> task from ant-contrib
as you want, it allows you to iterate over a fileset and call a target
and <switch>
tasks that can be used to compose complex builds.

Jose Alberto

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Wood [mailto:kwood@i2.com]
Sent: 15 October 2002 15:08
To: Ant Developers List
Subject: Re: File-related tasks, AND recursive unzip operation

Well, here is an alternative....

Is the location of the zips pretty much fixed? If so,
you could have a top level build.xml that unzips
a zip in it's directory, and then invokes a build.xml
using <ant antfile=....../> which unzips files lower
down, and then invokes even lower build.xml files to
unzip farther down, etc. But if the location is dynamic
and you want to find these zips on the fly, well, my
suggession won't work...