ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Ant as a top-level project
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:00:24 GMT

Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicolaken@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>>8. Should Forest be the default content generation in
>>>jakarta/apache/incubator/etc ? -1 ( for the same reason I -1
>>
>>>'lets convert all to maven' )
>>
>>Currently, we'll try it for the main site, since it seems that the
>>PMCs are in favor of trying it.
>

> Uhm, a little clarification please - which PMCs?  I don't think
> Jakarta's has been asked.

Sorry, I was talking about Commons and Incubator.
Never meant Jakarta.

We are currently converting Jakarta's site to Forrest to be able to use
parts of it that are very good for explaining jakarta in the incubator.

We still have to propose the usage of Forrest in Jakarta though.

> Whatever groks xml documents that we've used so far (including Ant's
> FAQ, which may be a tricky one) and can be invoked by simply running
> Ant is fine with me.

We'll see we can get to what you need.
Currently we install forrest as Ant, with its own scripts, but we are
open to suggestions.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -