ant-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Beton <richard.be...@roke.co.uk>
Subject Re: Get task - new proxy support
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:28:19 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

>rich,
>
>while we value itch scratching, what is so wrong with <setproxy> that it
>doesnt work for you?

...Ahem! Didn't spot that. Oops...

What's wrong? ... possibly the fact that it's not mentioned in the Get
documentation?

I had a quick look at the Setproxy.java source code. It always sets the
same HTTP and FTP proxy, although I guess that's not really a problem.

May I suggest the following improvement to the documentation: add
mention and a hyperlink to the setproxy page from the following tasks:

    Get
    Javadoc
    Splash (needs hyperlink)

and the following conditions:

    Http
    Socket

and possibly also:

    DescriptorHandler in EjbJar
    VAJRemoteUtil

I note that the Splash task already mentions Setproxy (without a
hyperlink though) with regard to its own (deprecated) proxy parameters.

Rick :-)