ant-dev mailing list archives

From Ken Wood <kw...@i2.com>
Subject Re: wljspc little question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 17:20:21 GMT
Welcome to the world of WebLogic. WebLogic uses different prefixes with
different versions of it's software so it can tell the files apart. That is,
"_login.class" will be ignored on a version of WebLogic looking for "__login.class".
So your deployed app will have it's JSP's compiled at deployment time, and your
cache will have "_login.class" from your installation, and "__login.class" from WebLogic
re-compiling the JSP because, as far as it was concerned, no pre-compiled version
existed.

In other words, supporting multiple release of WebLogic is a real pain. If your app
is small, do as Matt suggested and let WebLogic compile the JSP's. However, if
your app is large (like ours, where pre-compiling takes close to an hour), then
you either need to choose a version of WebLogic to support, or if you are willing to
have all those classes, pre-compile with each version you plan to support. A
real pain, I realize....

Valerio Gentile wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I got a little-big question about the class-file-naming-convention weblogic uses while
it compiles java server pages

> (I'm trying to take care of wljspc optional task)
>
> While it compiles jsp files, weblogic 5.1 creates directories under for instance c:\weblogic\myserver\classfile
and it names 'em with a prefix "_".

> The class file as well is named with a prefix. The strange thing is that it seems that
this prefix (the classfile prefix, I mean, not the directory-one)

> depends on the weblogic installed service pack.
> I had sp9 in the wljspc task classpath, and the prefix was "_" (for example "_login.class").
Trying sp11, the prefix became "__" (for example "__login.class").

> This is not terrible, because I suppose that people trying to compile jsp set the same
classpath as for weblogic instance (not talkin' of me... :-))
> The thing is that wljspc task has a private method that tries to identify pages that
need to be rebuilt, and it does its job looking for the jsp class lastModified() info. Having
"_" (or "__") forced into this method, it looks for non-existent file, depending on service
packs!!!

> Then my question is:
> does anybody know how I can get the right jsp-class-prefix, depending on the environment?
Otherwise, I'll have to avoid that "up-to-date file control", and rebuild always every jsp.