ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antelope 1.0 beta - Fast and correct Ant builds
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:37:38 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 19:02, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> My bottleneck is XDoclet these days, even though its faster now than
> ever and the latest version does much much better dependency checking
> too.  And even that being said, its not slow.

You may want to have a look at qdox.sourceforge.net. If you are doing fairly
straight transforms (like the stuff you do with antdocs proposal) then it is
a much nicer toolkit to work with and a fair bit faster too.

After having XDoclet break my code for the umpteenth time, I decided to give
it a go. I was skeptical at first (XDoclet rocks) but actually playing with
it led me to like QDox more in my use cases (basically extracting metadata
from classes and putting xml files).

Anyways it is fairly nice and much easier to support than xdoclet. However if
you are doing code generation XDoclet is probably still the one to use unless
you want to try vdoclet (which apparently uses qdox + velocity for code
generation). I haven't used vdoclet though ...

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
The phrase "computer literate user" really means the person
has been hurt so many times that the scar tissue is thick
enough so he no longer feels the pain.
   -- Alan Cooper, The Inmates are Running the Asylum