ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Antelope 1.0 beta - Fast and correct Ant builds
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 06:41:34 GMT
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:04, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 2002/10/22 5:35 PM, "dion@multitask.com.au" <dion@multitask.com.au>
>
> wrote:
> > http://www.omnicore.com/antelope.html
>
> "Thus only .java files modified since the previous run and the .java file
> depending on those files will be compiled which leads to huge time
> savings."
>
> Hello? Ant already does this.

Unfortunately not. If class A extends B and I change the "protected api" of B
then both A and B  should be recompiled.

However unless you play tricks, recompile all or whatever Ant will not
automatically detect that A needs to be recompiled. Most people just
recompile with jikes which is more than fast enough in most projects.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald