ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Salmon ...@formulae.org>
Subject jar task, manifest issue
Date Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:41:59 GMT
Hi folks,
    I need to use an existing MANIFEST.MF file in jar's I create.
Simply using <jar manifest="${manifest}"> where ${manifest} was a property
pointing to an existing file did odd things.
First off it would copy the MANIFEST.MF and rearrange the data in it and strip
CRLF line feeds with unix style line feeds.
    Secondly the error from cvs code is
"[jar] File /usr/home/ms/src/java/j2me/bubble/.build/classes/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF includes
a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF which will be ignored. To include this file, set filesetManifest to
a value other than 'skip'."
The setFilesetManifest method is commented out though making setting this
impossible. Personally I feel the value is overly specific and doesnt
make sense by it's (broken) code. Uncommenting the set method and setting
the value to "skip" does what I want, which is one way to fix the issue
but I would assume the code could use more cleanup then this.  So if someone
can fill me in on the filesetManifestConfig history I'd appreciate it.

thanks
ms