ant-dev mailing list archives

From detlef.bren...@canoo.com
Subject ant.jar (1.4 vs 1.5)
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 16:00:32 GMT
hi,
Im getting a rather strange error when using ant.jar from 1.4.1

The error occurs when I run the junit task.

Testsuite: com.csg.pb.frontnet.dev_arch.AllTests
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec

	Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
com/csg/pb/frontnet/dev_arch/ant_util/ReflectionHelperGetTest, method:
testFileSetIterator signature: ()V) Incompatible object argument for function call
	at com.csg.pb.frontnet.dev_arch.ant_util.AllTests.suite(AllTests.java:19)
	at com.csg.pb.frontnet.dev_arch.AllTests.suite(AllTests.java:19)
	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUnitTestRunner.java:191)
	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.<init>(JUnitTestRunner.java:156)
	at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:407)

And I have never seen such an error before (well before yesterday to be
correct). If I put the new ant.jar from 1.5 on the classpath in front of the old
one (i know this might be not a great idea anyhow - better to replace it
totally) it works fine.

Does anybody have a clue why this error occurs?

Note: Im playing around with xerces.jar and other XMLParsers...
(I suspect that this might be a problem)

regards,

detlef