ant-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: [embed] few changes in xml processing
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:09:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Costin Manolache" <cmanolache@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 2:28 PM
Subject: [embed] few changes in xml processing


> I finally got everything to work with gump - and it seems
> to be as good as the official run, so I'll start checking
> in the changes.

if I ever get the chance, I need to sit down and look at all this

> 4. I added ${} processing to text body. I hate <echo>${prop}</echo>
> behaving differently from <echo message="${prop}"/>. I don't know
> if this will ever get into the main branch, but I intend to keep it
> in the proposal for a while, maybe I can convince people.

I woorry about tasks that explicitly expect the conversion not to catch,
things like SQL, maybe. It could be all those tasks that dont expand
properties do so by accident of course.

But if we do fix the behaviour, then any third party task that calls
expandProperties() on the element text, after it has already been expanded,
may break...if you double escape $${something} then the first pass will
convert it to ${something}, the second expansion to the contents of
"something"

Perhaps the trick is to have a new setter, setExpandedText(String text) to
do the right thing.



--
To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <mailto:ant-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:ant-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message