ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: wljspc little question
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:22:17 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Valerio Gentile" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 8:13 AM
Subject: wljspc little question

> Hi everyone.
> I got a little-big question about the class-file-naming-convention
weblogic uses while it compiles java server pages (I'm trying to take care
of wljspc optional task)
> While it compiles jsp files, weblogic 5.1 creates directories under for
instance c:\weblogic\myserver\classfile and it names 'em with a prefix "_".
The class file as well is named with a prefix. The strange thing is that it
seems that this prefix (the classfile prefix, I mean, not the directory-one)
depends on the weblogic installed service pack.
> I had sp9 in the wljspc task classpath, and the prefix was "_" (for
example "_login.class"). Trying sp11, the prefix became "__" (for example
> This is not terrible, because I suppose that people trying to compile jsp
set the same classpath as for weblogic instance (not talkin' of me... :-))
> The thing is that wljspc task has a private method that tries to identify
pages that need to be rebuilt, and it does its job looking for the jsp class
lastModified() info. Having "_" (or "__") forced into this method, it looks
for non-existent file, depending on service packs!!!

ha. Looks like there is the same version incompatilibity between wl builds
as jasper.

> Then my question is:
> does anybody know how I can get the right jsp-class-prefix, depending on
the environment? Otherwise, I'll have to avoid that "up-to-date file
control", and rebuild always every jsp.

maybe allow people to select the mapping algorithm by name.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message