ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: Submissions and Patches
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:49:13 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gus Heck" <gus-antdev@cognition.olin.edu>
To: "Ant Developers List" <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 10:49 AM
Subject: Submissions and Patches

> So is there someone among the committers who is in charge of reviewing
> submitted patches and submissions? Or at least in charge of reading and
> delegating review of patches and submissions? I sent a message several
> days ago outlining patches and submissions I found in Bugzilla
> (including mine) that seem to just be twisting in the wind. (appologies
> for the apparent accidental cut-paste problem in that message)
>
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&r=1&b=200210&w=2
>
> It got no response, so I am guessing that it is because nobody thinks
> this is their job to deal with new submissions.

au contraire, it is everyone's job to deal with new submissions.

It is also my job to
-get stuff done at work, which today includes why axis doesnt like my code,
which is why I'm delving into the depths of axis
-maintain some modicum of a life

so right now on my ant pending plate is
-add DD's <which> task
-commit Jesse's patches to VSS, SOS
-finish off the incorporation of Brian's VBC task and refactoring of .NET
stuff
-add XsdToDotnet, fix WsdlToDotnet to handle multiple XSD files
-get back to proposals/http and add good http support to ant

Every submission takes time; its not just a matter of blindly committing all
patches, as there are the tests and docs to integrate. I do try and balance
my own contribs with other peoples work, and the great thing about bugzilla
is stuff doesnt get lost there. But I cannot promise to commit new stuff
right now, not till my todo list stuff is dealt with 'in my copious free
time'

-steve