ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: debugging environment tips?
Date Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:01:11 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shackelford, John-Mason" <ShacJo@ncs.com>
To: <ant-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 10:50 AM
Subject: debugging environment tips?

> I am currently running my unit tests via the run-single-test target. I am
> having trouble tracking down a problem and thought that perhaps I could
use
> remote debugging the way I would for debugging serverside Java code. Is
this
> possible?

the process I use in this case is rather than resort to the debugger, I
expand the test that fails with more assertions, more interim steps and the
like. The advantage of this tactic is that you are expanding the test suite
forever, rather than debugging for once.

But if I do need to debug, I set ANT_OPTS up or run ant from the IDE (very,
very rare this, I think I've done it twice)