ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Kyle Adams" <kad...@gfs.com>
Subject Adding XMLCatalog support
Date Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:13:06 GMT
I'd like to utilize XMLCatalog in a custom task we use, but I'm
struggling with implementing it.  I've received both <xslt> and
<xmlvalidate> to see how they use XMLCatalog, and it appears to be as
simple as:

1) Initialize a XMLCatalog data member, ie, private XMLCatalog
xmlCatalog = new XMLCatalog()

2) Call the setProject() function on said data member in the init()
function of the task, ie, xmlCatalog.setProject(getProject())

3) Provide the method for adding nested xmlcatalog elements:

    public void addConfiguredXMLCatalog(XMLCatalog catalog) {
        xmlCatalog.addConfiguredXMLCatalog(catalog);
    }

I've gone through each of these steps in our custom task, but when the
task tries to parse the XML document (with xmlCatalog set as the
EntityResolver), a NullPointer exception is thrown.

Am I missing something here?

Kyle Adams
Java Developer
Gordon Food Service