ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: OutOfMemory errors
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:08:29 GMT
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Steve Loughran <> wrote:

> I've coded 2 (it was easy), but dont like it as it changes the
> API.

But maybe for the better - there are a couple of other tasks (or at
least used to be) that create instances of tasks to delegate work (in
particular instances of "exec" and "java").

> Weak references are better.

I agree, especially since they will help tasks that have been written
to be used with Ant 1.5 immediately when run against 1.6alpha.

If your changes turn out to fix the most pressing problem here, we
should port it to the 1.5 branch as well IMHO.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message