ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XMLValidateTask and Factory nested element?
Date Wed, 11 Sep 2002 08:37:08 GMT
On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Nick Pellow <nick.pellow@mindmatics.de> wrote:

> I have been looking at XSLTProcess and have started bringing
> XMLValidate up to paar. Should XMLValidate handle the factory
> configuration exactly the same way as the XSLT task?

In a similar way would be prefered, what would need to be different in
your opinion?

> I am using an XSLTProcess.Factory, however, should I rework
> XMLValidate so that it configures the Liason in the same as
> XSLTProcessor ?

Is that necessary IYO?

> viz, XSLT uses a "processor" attribute and XMLValidate uses just a
> "className", where "processor" can be "trax" etc.

They serve a bit different purposes.  The processor attribute - if
XMLValidate had one - could hold some shortcuts for well known parsers
(i.e. crimson, xerces, aelfred, xerces1?), but that would only be
sugar IMHO.

> Or should XMLValidate provide both mechanisms for setting the
> processor in the future?

We need to keep the old one for backwards compatibility.

Stefan