ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DynamicConfigurator passing fully qualified class name
Date Mon, 02 Sep 2002 10:48:39 GMT
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, John-Mason Shackelford <ShacJo@ncs.com> wrote:

> All I was suggesting is that IntrospectionHelper.createElement could
> check to see of the tag is already associated with a class via
> <typedef> or <taskdef> and, if so, pass in a FQN to
> DynamicConfigurator.createDynamicElement(String name) since that
> will reduce ambiguity.

I'd guess that you would not want that to happen in some cases like
where junit was a DynamicConfigurator and couldn't provide its own
<test> child because there already is a <test> task.

Also, there are tasks that map to more than one name, so you'd lose
information (which tag has actually been used?).

> On second thought, perhaps it would be better to have a signature
> DynamicConfigurator.createDynamicElement(ProjectComponent pc)and
> pass in an instantiated ProjectComponent when we can do so instead
> of calling the signature that takes a String.

Same problems as above IMHO and neither tasks nor data types are
forced to extend ProjectComponent.

Stefan